PvP with Pact Militia
Hmm, I suppose this could be confusingI was re-watching the video below, and I'm realising that we're using a LOT of jargon. You kind of have to in this situation, where a group of 24 people are trying to react quickly to a situation, and trying to wind, but it DOES make it confusing for someone who is not used to it.
So, for the convenience of those who haven't thrown themselves into the exciting world of PvP, a glossary.
- PvP - Player vs Player, as opposed to Player vs Environment (the pre-programed characters and monsters in the rest of the game)
- Ult - Ultimate - a very powerful ability or spell that can turn the tide of a battle if used and timed correctly. Ulimates require normal combat to 'charge up' so they're not always available
- Barrier - You'll hear me calling out that I have "Barrier" ready; that's the Ultimate I was using at the time
- VE - Vehemence - the guild we're fighting in this video with the blue (DC) shields above their heads
- Rapids - an ability that when cast boost the speed of the raid and clears and slowing affects (snares)
- Raid - A large group working together in and MMO
- MMO - Massive Multiplayer Online
- Negate - an Ultimate that prevents opposing players from casting any magic based spells
- Fantasia - the guild we're fighting with the yellow (AD) shields above their heads
- Iron Legion - another DC guild
- Snares - an class of abilities that impedes movements
- Buffs/Debuffs - Buffs are a class of abilities that improve things like armour, health, dodge chance, etc. Debuffs are a class of abilities that remove buffs from other players.
- Haxus - a friendly EP Guild
- Proxies Up - Proxy is an ability that is cast and then "blows up" for damage 8 seconds later. If syncronised it's extremely effective
- Destro Ults - Destruction Ultimates - a class of ultimates that can be cast if the player is using a destruction type of magic staff (as opposed to a healing staff)
- Arrius - the name of the keep we're defending
- Campaign - A campaign is a scoring period of 30 days. The Alliance that wins the campaign gets cool gear
- Alliance - Ebonheart Pact (EP), Aldmeri Dominion (AD), Dominion Covenant (DC). These are story based divisions, dictated by the starting area chosen for that character by the player