Get ME:A early
How to, even if you're in AustraliaYOU CAN DO IT TO! And you can get it right now!
- Sign up for an EA account
- Sign up or Origin Access for PC (AU$7/month and 10% discount on all Origin/EA games) or EA Access for XBox/PS4 (you can cancel after a month if you like)
- Download the Origin Client for PC (I don't know how it works on the consoles, sorry! :P )
- Click on the Origin Access the First Play trials
- Click on Mass Effect. Click on the version you have pre-ordered (if you have pre-ordered) to see the Download Link
- Accept the agreements
- Wait for 43GB to download (but the game is playable at 42%)
HOWEVER if you can get access to another person's computer, who already has the game, you can copy the files off the other person's computer. Here's how.
- Follow the steps above and wait until the download has at least reached 200MB or so (enough time to have created the directory structure and any registry settings)
- PAUSE the download (don't stop it)
- Copy the entire game download folder off the other person's computer and onto your own, making sure to MERGE the directories. Choose NOT to overwrite any files.
- UNPAUSE the download and wait while the new files are checked (this still took at least 5 minutes for me)
- Play the game! \o/