Project Beyond the Runway
Edited by Fashion Pulse Daily
Reading through the links this week, I realized that fashion week or no fashion week, fashion will most certainly go on! A winter snowstorm couldn't even slow down New York Fashion Week, and the links below are testament to the wonderful style that exists beyond the runway, such as Ode to Awe's jewelry discovery, how to look chic while lounging by Cafe Fashionista, and tips for vintage shoe shopping by Wicked Whimsy. Don't get me wrong, I love being 'in the know' on runway looks and trends, but how you interpret them and work them into your personal style is so much more important than remembering which designers showed one-shoulder looks this season!
As expected, there was a fabulous round-up of links in the forum as well, all worthy of your eyeballs!
Links à la Mode : February 25th
- 39th and Broadway - A Side of the Industry Unknown by Most: Life as a Corporate Fashion Designer
- British Style Bloggers - Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cos you're a yawn once it's gone
- Cafe Fashionista - A step-by-step guide to looking luxurious even when lounging
- Clutch22 -Up close and personal with Vivienne Tam as she expands her fashion+tech innovations to a new category
- CMYKaboom - Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) 'Tweet Up in the Tents' event
- Debutante Clothing - Vintage Jewelry: Q&A with Lucite line Circa Sixty Three
- Fabulous Finds Gal - Moonstuck at the opera with photographer Bersa
- Fashion Pulse Daily - Sonia Rykiel Pour H&M; the debut and the review
- Holier Than Now - New Take on Florals (5 Under $50)
- Idiosyncratic Style - A Girl's Guide to Maternity Style
- Independent Fashion Bloggers - Evolving Influence Recap : Part One
- Individual Chic - Would you have wanted a Computer Engineer Barbie when you were smaller? Or would you love one now?
- Night Watch - 10 Questions with Model Clara Zapffe
- Ode to Awe - Denmark based Alidra Alic's Alice-inspired jewelry
- Oranges and Apples - Rules for advertising and sponsorship on blogs
- Retro Chick - The Ethics of Blogging
- Smiles Go with Everything -10 Tips for Shopping on Ebay: How to find great deals on awesome duds
- The Coveted - Visits Nine West HQ for a sneak peak of AW10 shoe collections!
- The Style PA - Gives Henry Holland a grilling ahead of his House of Holland show
- The Sunday Best - Do men get better service when they shop?
- Wicked Whimsy -What to look for when buying vintage shoes
- Workchic - Fall 2010 NY Fashion week collections: recreated runway to the office outfits